Vaco Tampa is currently hiring a Project Manager! The role will focus more on implementation of the client's software.
Creates and executes project work plans in accordance within the defined Software/Systems Development Lifecycle and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Manages and Facilitates business case development, project planning, and business requirements workshops and meetings as well as overseeing corresponding documentation sets.
* Identifies resources types needed and assigns individual project responsibilities.
* Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope (to include time lining, critical path evaluation, resource utilization against planned progress and actual deliverables/work, and, the impact to overall project plan),
* Manages the project stakeholders with regard to expectation setting and alignment
* Manages the project team assigned to the endeavor.
* Manages the project budget (tracking budget variances - cost versus budgeted cost)
* Manages the project conflicts (from project issues, risk mitigation, and project team interactions)
* Software Vendor Management (as assigned or contracted to support a named project for staff augmentation and/or integration of 3rd party applications) to include review of Statements of Work and timesheet submissions included in vendor invoices and coordination of requests for proposal for vendors to response.
* Guides the project team (both technical and business) thru effective decision making around project strategy, project to task to activity/work break down within project plans, solution identification , etc.
* Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
* Establishes prioritization and work sequencing within the project plan
* Minimizes our exposure and risk on project
* Outline and reports on project health/status (working with core technical leads on the project)
* Identify and resolve project resource conflicts (both within and across projects)
* Participates in technology aspects of the business-sponsored RFIs/RFPs
* Aligns project structure and work break down to established project objectives
* Represents project needs/prioritization impacts back to RPM management line as the health and progress of the project portfolio is being monitored
* Gains understanding of business strategies
* Gathers information on competitor technology
* Stays abreast of industry trends in the business and technology
Qualifications: * 7+ years project management experience in successfully delivering complex technology solutions within a defined Software/Systems development lifecycle
* Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and cross-team environment and being the project implementation go-to person with multiple business partners.
* Experience in project lifecycles from business case development to final delivery, oversight of project teams as they gather functional and technical requirements, establishing project strategy and project timelines, status reporting, issues/risks oversight, and deployment oversight.
* Experience in managing project in a matrix oriented organizations, providing guidance and direction to resources that do not directly report to the project manager.
* Experience in guiding teams thru business case and scope evaluation.
* PMP® certifications highly valued.
* A strong background in both Waterfall and Agile software development methodology is preferred.
* Proven experience in a project management software package (MS Project, HP BPO, Rally, Project Insight, etc.)
* Prior experience in project level budget and capacity tracking
* Proficiency in computer software such as Power Point, Excel, and IT Case Management systems.
* 3+ years' experience in conducting Business or Systems Analysis will be considered a strong asset as evaluation and documentation of business and functional requirements will be part of the role.
* Experience in overseeing formal application migration/deployments across multiple environments (Development to Test to Production and inclusive of vendor management)
* Experience with implementing a major ERP package (preferably Oracle) that focused on Supply Chain Management and/or Warehouse Management functionality.