Firm Services: Audit - General Audit
Type: Regular Full-Time
More information about this opportunity:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
Leads, plans, and enhances the commercial audit practice in the Atlanta office of one of the nation’s 10 largest public accounting firms. Oversees all phases of audit process. Develops a thorough and timely assessment and understanding of client’s business needs and objectives, and integrates a solid understanding of a professional services environment to achieve desired results. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general accepted auditing standards. Functions as a community business leader through the establishment of a professional reputation and network. Ensures that quality assurance standards for business line are being practiced in the course of providing client service. Works within budgetary and time constraints while providing high-level client satisfaction. Ensures that all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and related deliverables are prepared accurately. Anticipates and addresses client concerns and escalating problems as they arise. Promotes new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients. Develops managers and staff and serves as a role model, providing coaching, mentoring, and training to staff members. Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning audits and taking the lead to ensure they are performed in an efficient manner
• Supervising the audit team and assisting them in performing the audit in a timely manner
• Reviewing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and resolving any problems noted during the audit process
• Developing a true understanding of the clients business and staying abreast of new and arising issues that might affect your client
• Reviewing tax issues that affect the clients
• Providing the clients with high quality service
• Maintaining excellent relations with staff and clients
• Remaining aware of new developments and their effect on GAAP and the firms standards and policies
• Handling all client issues and problems to the clients satisfaction
• Performing cross-selling of firm services to clients
• Ability to develop new business
Candidates for the Partner role in Commercial Assurance area should have experience or be capable of performing in the following area:
1. Have or be able to quickly build an active network of business contacts and referral sources in the local market.
2. Assist with the development, communication and execution of a growth strategy for Commercial Assurance on an integrated basis across the Atlanta markets.
3. Help build a dedicated and motivated team of commercial assurance professionals to accomplish the vision and strategy and to position Crowe as a leader in assurance services to these market segments.
4. Help spearhead and drive the sales and marketing efforts of the commercial assurance line of business in the Atlanta market.
5. Integrate and leverage off of the thought leadership efforts of the commercial services line of business in developing the market for assurance services.
6. Develop new client relationships and be capable of managing all aspects of an audit engagement.
7. Working in a team environment as a leader of a group within a larger organization.
Background and Qualifications:
1. Certified Public Accountant
2. 15+ years of experience in public accounting
3. Commercial audit and consulting experience
4. Leadership and teambuilding experience
5. Strategic and organizational planning experience
6. Communications, sales and marketing experience
7. Public Company audit experience preferred
8. Experience working in the commercial audit practice of a Big 4 firm, a national CPA firm, a large regional accounting firm, or a mid-size firm with strong commercial audit client base
9. Ability to cross-sell firm services to existing client base
10. Ability to work within budgetary and time constraints
11. Ability to bring business initially, or in the future, a major plus