Senior Infrastructure Engineer
One of our best clients, located in Fort Worth, Texas has the current need to add a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to their team. This position will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager, and is an infrastructure engineering position involving management of Windows servers, Linux servers, VMware vSphere platforms, EMC Clarion storage systems, routers, switches and applications in a highly dynamic environment. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. This role will also provide advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Education:
- Manage and support complex messaging systems including Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007, Microsoft LCS 2005/OCS 2007, StrongMail, and Linux-based MTAs
- Manage and support EMC Clarion CX3/CX4 SANs, Fiber-Channel fabrics using converged networking, VMware vSphere clusters, and related technologies
- Manage and support clustered file shares, web servers, SharePoint sites, Windows 2003/2008 servers, and in-house .Net applications
- Managed and support layer-2 network switching, layer-3 routing hardware, Cisco ASA firewalls, and hardware load balancers
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision
- Act as part of a team to evaluate solutions, troubleshoot problems, and maintain infrastructure systems
- Ability to analyze and provide implementation plans
- Build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems
- Provide technical support for Windows related project activities
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members
- Provide mentoring to fellow administrators
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization
- Generate technical support documentation for systems and application
- Perform other assignments as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years in a +100 server Windows environment
- Minimum 3 years experience with routing and switching
- Required Minimum 3 years experience using VMware Enterprise software
- Required MCSA 2003 Certification, MCITP: Server Administrator, or higher level
- Required VMware VCP certification (VI3 or vSphere)
- Preferred 3 years experience with Cisco ASA/PIX or Similar Hardware
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Preferred proficiency with monitoring tools like SCOM 2007, MOM, Hyperic, Zenoss
- Proficiency with Active Directory 2003/2008 Domain administration
- Experience debugging applications, services, and network problems
- Experience installing and configuring systems/software unassisted
- Helpful experiences include: Professional experience in Lending or Financial Services, E-Commerce, supporting development teams in a .NET environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server 2003/2008, VMware VI3/vSphere, VBS/Power Shell scripting, Active Directory design, SAN administration
- Fluency with appropriate advanced administration tools as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have the desire to work on new, innovative, cutting edge technologies
"Maxsys always has a good understanding of what we're looking for. It seems as if they know exactly what we need and what kind of person would fit into our company."
- Emily Brown, Senior Information Manager
"Maxsys should take pride in their customer service. They are always very friendly and helpful, while offering the top tier candidates of the IT world. I'm always happy to do business with them, because they are highly professional and prompt."
- Robert Brugh, Supply Chain Management Professional
"We've used Maxsys multiple times to find experienced individuals to come work for us. They never fail to give us what we're looking for each and every time."
- Michael Tafoya, Senior Quality Assurance Officer
As Dallas’ premier IT staffing firm, Maxsys Solutions, LLC. specializes in the recruitment and placement of highly qualified IT professionals.
Candidates for IT jobs, and companies needing to fill IT positions, rely on our expert understanding of the local market, our systematic approach to identifying clients’ needs and job candidates’ skills, and our foundational commitment to building strong relationships between skilled technology specialists and companies eager for their services. To meet that goal, we’ve built a dedicated team boasting more than fifty-two years of experience in IT recruiting.
We fill IT positions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time basis, recruiting technology professionals with skills that range from E-Commerce Development to Network Administration, from Database Warehousing to CRM, from .NET Technologies to Telecom Analysis, and much, much more.
Network Engineers. IT Project Managers. Business Analysts. Web Developers. Maxsys recruits top technology job-seekers and partners them with companies eager to make best use of their talents. We find the perfect candidate for every employment situation. Every time.
For your privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using HeadHunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the HeadHunter.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.