12-1036 Global Director Supply Chain
Not Ready to Apply
1. Lead cross-supply chain teams in projects to answer strategic supply chain questions.
2. Ensure capacity and capabilities are in place to deliver Business Unit growth and Innovation plans across all business segments.
3. Contribute to the development of a 3-5 year Production/Distribution network strategy including locations, size and capability of each facility and mix of internal and external manufacturing.
4. Drive evaluation and approval process for capacity, retrofit and major productivity projects.
5. Advise Senior Leadership and BU teams on supply chain capability and impact of growth initiatives. Influence growth initiatives to deliver news efficiently and cost effectively.
6. Optimize capacity and sourcing dynamically based on changes in cost, TE, demand, capacity, raw material sourcing as applicable.
7. Drive the use of consistent tools and processes across supply chain, enabling all supply chain functions to optimize results.
8. Maintain knowledge of key competitors supply chain and external industry development in order to identify opportunities to drive improvement.
9. Manage development, roll-up and communication of global demand forecasting and inventory management, finance and manufacturing operations across all sites.
10. Develop, communicate and monitor production plans to meet customer service and inventory targets in partnership with manufacturing sites.
11. Provide leadership to other function through initiatives that promote continuous improvement in those activities that facilitate planning or inventory acquisition, disposition and reporting.
12. Participate with new product development teams in introduction and release of new products and if applicable, phase out of old product, control inventory levels and customer service implications related to bringing products on-line and effective reduction of obsolete inventory exposure.
13. Participate in development, modification and improvement of procedures, policies and processes within organization, including ISO activities.
14. Other duties as assigned, with or without accommodation.
: Education: Bachelor's degree in a science-related field; MS degree preferred. Experience:
• Twelve + (12) years experience in Supply Chain/Operations or similar experience in management consulting firm with progressively responsible materials management experience in the manufacturing, consumer or pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience.
• Work experience with inventory / planning / order management / MRP computer systems experience; SAP Planning systems is preferred.
• Extensive experience of production with resultant knowledge of planning and actualizing optimum return on resources in a fast-paced environment.
• M&A acquisition experience strongly recommended.
• Proven proficiency in analyzing problem areas and adjusting production schedules as required. Preferred Skills/Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities. Ability to work effectively both globally and cross-functionally. Understanding of financial impact of plans and actions. Skills/Competencies: Very strong financial, time management, and analytical skills Strong written and oral communication skills. Well-developed project management skills. Strong strategic agility, change leadership, collaboration, negotiation and influence skills. Other Skills: Good analytical skills with advanced database/Excel capabilities. APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) certification preferred. Able to travel 25% of the time. Proficient in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Proven ability to manage people.
The Global Director, Supply chain reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations. This position collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization including Finance, Marketing, Sales, as well as, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Purchasing and Production teams.
Working in an office environment. Some travel will be required to production, warehouse and distribution facilities and exposure to local operations. PPE use required as per local policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor Performance Materials, formerly Mallinckrodt Baker, manufactures and markets high-performance chemistries and materials around the world under several respected brand names, including J.T.Baker®, Macron™, Rankem and Diagnova brands.
Avantor products are used around the world in a wide range of industries. Our biomedical and life science solutions are used in academic, industry and quality control laboratories for research, pharmaceutical production and medical lab testing, while our electronics solutions are use in the manufacturing of semiconductors, photovoltaic cells and flat panel displays.
For your privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using HeadHunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the HeadHunter.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.