Serves as a strategic partner to LOB product segment VP, providing critical thinking on strategic direction, operating performance and financial results. Coordinates completion of business case on key project. Coordinates the daily, monthly and annual FP&A processes to ensure Finance excellence. Provide guidance and lead a team of Finance professionals. Foster a teaming environment that promotes accountability and results.
1. Coordinate forecasting and planning cycles, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, outlook updates and regular financial and statistical reports
2. Coordinate the preparation of business cases and ensure compliance with financial aspects of PDP across cross-functional teams for all projects within area of responsibility
3. Review and validate that information provided by the Regions, Product Management, Engineering and Purchasing for business cases is accurate and financially sound.
4. Lead preparation of strategic plan financials for assigned LOB product segment
5. Lead development of financial processes and systems to handle new business models
6. Apply expertise in various research methods to design data collection approaches for complex analyses of business cases
7. Support forward looking and proactive financial analysis through industry and market trends and competitive metrics and benchmarks
8. Direct scenario planning activities including pricing analyses, cost savings opportunities and business case alternatives
9. Assist LOB product segment VP in analysis of investment decisions and trade-offs among investments
10. Conduct monthly financial reviews of results with business partners to ensure their understanding and ownership
11. Conduct reviews of software capitalization accounts for all projects at least quarterly and test for potential impairment
12. Identify and recommend as necessary corrective actions to ensure annual plan is achieved
13. Monitor and provide expenditure reports to Finance and Business leadership
14. Proactively work with business area team to maximize financial results.
15. Provide suggestions for creating a consistent approach to management reporting and standardized information packages to facilitate better decision support
16. Communicate effectively with end users and team members to provide meaningful analysis of business cases and results
17. Provide financial training and support to business partners to improve their financial and business skills so they can more effectively manage their business
18. Increase the financial awareness of non-financial employees through training on financial measurements and interrelationships, asset management techniques, planning, forecasting and control procedures
19. Ensure that direct reports receive adequate communication regarding Finance initiatives and new policies and procedures
20. Ensure that established finance procedures are adhered to and that new procedures are developed where specifically required by business activities
21. Demonstrate operational excellence within the Finance organization and foster a climate of execution discipline
22. Document Finance risks and escalate to Finance and business leadership
23. Ensure adequate internal controls are maintained
24. Prompt response to all information requests
Bachelors (or local equivalent) Degree in accounting and / or finance. Professional accountancy Qualification such as, CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA preferred. MBA or other advanced degree preferred. 5 years experience in finance department of a large multi-national company. Experience with product development. Experience in financial reporting, analysis or management reporting. Demonstrated ability to effectively balance financial and operational factors and analyze complex business problems to develop appropriate solutions in a timely and responsive nature
Experiences providing senior management with financial results and analysis. Experience working with complex global financial information systems and controls in a large, complex business that provides consistent and reliable information. Demonstrated leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, analytical, change management and communication skills. Strong analytical and communication skills. MS-Office, Oracle & Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience an asset.