12-1010 Director, Total Rewards
Not Ready to Apply
1. Develop, manage, and implement compensation programs including long term incentives, equity programs, salary structures and annual bonus programs.
2. Prepare materials for the Compensation Committee and/or the Board of Directors and present recommendations, information, and rationale to them on a regular basis
3. Ensure compensation and benefits programs are integrated with business objectives and strategies as well as other key human resources initiatives/philosophy. In doing this, also ensure that compensation and benefits programs meet the needs of employees around the world and act as effective employee incentives and retention tools.
4. Design and project-manage bonus cycle program planning, communications and administration.
5. Understand tax regulations, labor and Securities and Exchange Commission laws, financial reporting requirements and internal governance issues to ensure the design and administration of compensation and benefits programs are in compliance.
6. Design and implement salary structures taking into account market comparisons and internal equity.
7. Build the compensation and benefits organization to ensure functional expertise and talent succession. Establish performance standards and lead a group of professionals in the areas of compensation design, performance management, bonus/long term incentive administration as well as global benefits design, benefits administration, and implementation.
8. Ensure effective compensation and benefits administration processes are in place.
9. Select and work closely with outside consultants and legal counsel in the development and implementation of compensation and benefits programs.
10. Act as an internal consultant to senior leadership on compensation and benefits issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements, etc.
11. Understand the unique nature of the specialty chemical business and ensure compensation plans complement specific business needs while adhering to the standards and philosophy of the company overall.
12. Oversee the design of global compensation and benefits plans for in country and expatriate associates.
13. Work closely with the legal and finance organizations in the design of compensation and benefit plans.
14. Establish compensation and benefits strategy and philosophy which address business direction and market/competitor practice.
15. Develop effective employee communication plans to highlight the value of compensation and benefits.
16. Other projects assigned by management with or without accommodations.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Human Resources or related field required.
• Master's Degree preferred Experience:
• At least 15 years progressive compensation/benefits experience
• Significant global experience Skills/Qualifications:
• Proven ability to work at multiple levels within an organization from the top executive to the line operational level
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, establish priorities and manage multiple priorities
• Effective supervisory skills; ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
• Strong leadership skills including talent selection, development and recognition
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Collaborative decision-making skills
• Detail oriented; strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive
• Ability to facilitate and manage change
• Ability to uphold strict confidentiality of HR information
• Ability to work as a team player Other Skills: Highly proficient in MS office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Total Rewards Director reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
The work environment is an office setting. The duties of the job may require the Total Rewards Director to go the manufacturing plant and Research & Technology building on occasion. Occasional travel is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor Performance Materials, formerly Mallinckrodt Baker, manufactures and markets high-performance chemistries and materials around the world under several respected brand names, including J.T.Baker®, Macron™, Rankem and Diagnova brands.
Avantor products are used around the world in a wide range of industries. Our biomedical and life science solutions are used in academic, industry and quality control laboratories for research, pharmaceutical production and medical lab testing, while our electronics solutions are use in the manufacturing of semiconductors, photovoltaic cells and flat panel displays.
For your privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using HeadHunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the HeadHunter.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.