Value Stream Manager
Value Stream Manager
Our client, a leader in the design and production of machined parts, is seeking a Value Stream Manager.
This position will be located in Roxboro, North Carolina.
Primarily responsible for plant manufacturing operations including machining, fabrication and assembly. Responsible for establishing programs, goals and objectives to ensure the continuous and efficient production in obtaining the desired quantity and quality finished product. Report directly to Plant Manager as a member of the plant leadership team.
- Maintain conformance to budgetary limitations in all departments
- Exercises direct supervision over cell engineers, shift supervisors, and maintenance with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production schedules and delivery dates
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of cell engineers, shift supervisors, maintenance and production workers
- Manager efficient utilization of equipment and facility
- Maintains compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices
- Reviews and approves recommendations of subordinates to matters of personnel or rate changes
- Recommend and justify purchase of new capital equipment
- Prepares and maintains production reports
- Develop manufacturing plan to support the timely launch of new cells and products
- Plan and execute labor process improvement program
- Drive the implementation of best-in-class manufacturing processes (cell manufacturing methods and tooling strategies) to support facility goals and objectives
- Participate in cross-facility initiatives to determine company-wide best practices and the improvement of business processes.
- Ability to maintain a union-free environment.
- Function as part of the Facility Leadership Team.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Management, or related degree desired. Masters preferred.
- Ten or more years experience in related field with a large company.
- Experience in high volume production.
- Experience in an ISO9000 or QS9000 environment is preferred.
- 5 years previous experience managing 100+ employees
- Previous automotive/machining background a plus
- Previous experience managing multi-functional groups (maintenance, production, engineering, support functions)
- Previous experience leading lean activities.
If you are interested submit your resume to careers @agroupnc.com Attn: 13034-LEB
The Albrecht Group is responsible for hundreds of search assignments each year and since our inception in 1999 we have worked exclusively with manufacturers in many industries. Our assignments have been national in scope and we take pride in the thoroughness of our search plans and the care we exercise in qualifying candidates.
We have developed the ability to tailor a search to our client’s specific needs. This entails identifying those people who bring particular strengths and leadership skills to the organization. Our responsibility is to present the very best talent available from which our clients can make a selection.
A key element in providing the best people is our ability to spark interest from busy top level professionals by attractively portraying the challenges and opportunities of the position and the company.