Masonite is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of interior doors and entry door systems.
Throughout the company's 80 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product and service innovations that will enhance beauty, functionality and architectural design to its customers around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction. Market Sales Managers are responsible for the overall sales performance of their assigned geographies with a specific focus on creating demand for our product through sales efforts with assigned one step customers, Lumber and building material dealers and local builders. The MSM's sales focus should be
on selling the benefits of Masonite's products and programs with particular focus on our higher margin products and the value of our 'All products Strategy'. Overall success will be measured based on the overall profit growth of the sales region the MSM represents. The ideal candidate is one that can provide immediate impact, with established relationships selling to builders, dealers, and distribution channels. Must understand channel sales, relationship management, pullthrough / indirect sales, and have a solid track record in account management and new business development. Position can be located in Portland, OR or surrounding area.
Responsibilities will include: customer sales training, new product introductions, placement of products, servicing products, building builder relationships, business reporting and new business opportunities. Market knowledge and sales experience in the building products industry is required, as well as the below responsibilities:
- Maintain focus on the company’s stated strategic goals in our Blue Print and align activities with customer to meet these goals.
- Management of direct assigned one step accounts establishing Masonite programs, monitoring sales activity, providing product knowledge classes, and general account maintenance in order to attain AOP goals with these customers.
- Key focus with 2 step wholesale accounts to establish target dealer lists, qualify and prioritize targets through the funnel process, and make joint calls on key targets to drive conversions.
- Establish solid business relationships with key Lumber/Millwork dealers in their markets.
- Work with the Builder team to break through builder objections that keep dealer conversions from closing.
- Manage expenses within AOP SGA budgets.
- Provide ongoing and candid feedback to the operations team on service gaps, opportunities and successes.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the product management team regarding competitive activity, product gaps, and overall opportunities.
- Responsible for a consistent schedule of attendance at the customer’s sales meetings. All meetings should be attended with a purpose and agenda agreed upon prior to meeting with branch or division managers.
- Utilize existing account management processes and reporting systems to monitor sales and margins, and to analyze areas where we have opportunities for growth. Work to develop customer specific metrics and dashboards with existing and future business systems.